Thursday, December 26, 2013

December



At a family dinner, my aunt and I were stuck at the "boy" end of the table. After ten minutes of Nascar talk, we said we wanted some girl topics, so my uncle obliged. Here's his attempt at girl talk:
"So! How's your earring collection?"
????


I'm staying with my aunt and uncle in San Diego. When I got here, my uncle offered to get my luggage, but I insisted. I grabbed the suitcase from the trunk and lifted it up quickly, forgetting that it was unzipped. Everything flew from the suitcase to the ground. I yelled, "Avert your eyes, Uncle Don!"
They are now telling people that their house guest throws her undies on the lawn.
Does everyone now understand where I get my sense of humor?







I figure if I create romantic settings for the elves, I'll have more elves next year.



The last time I set up the elves, it was for a romantic movie and popcorn date. Last night, Mike helped them out. (I might like his better.)


 
Hannah doesn't think it's fair that we have to clean up after the elves on the shelf. "If they make a mess, they should clean it up themselves!"

It's always an adventure to talk with my BFF, mother of four. In the middle of our conversation, I hear a child screaming, and the mom says, "I gotta go! I have to save my daughter from the chicken!"

Hannah and a friend playing with two nativities. They each have one set of Joseph and Mary.
Hannah: We're about to have a baby!
Friend: So are we!
Hannah: Ours is going to be the Lord Jesus!
Friend: So is ours!
Not sure about this theology.




I like that Facebook notifies me, "Anniversary with Mike today." Not only does it remind me it's my anniversary, it also reminds me the name of my spouse. And it places a heart next to it to remind me that I'm in love. Phew!

Me: Hey girls, what should we get Daddy for Christmas?
Abby: Let's just get him a big bag of coal. Not the fake kind, the real kind.




Yesterday, we saw a neighbor with ice skates. She was skating successfully around her driveway. This morning, Abby asks, "Mom, do I have any roller skates?" Really not the same, dear.

I was supposed to take finals on Fri, Sat, and Monday at Texas Woman's University in Denton. Sadly, the weather closed the campus Fri and Sat. I just received notice that we're also closed for Monday.
It's a Christmas miracle!!!




We just walked to the park again. This time, I slipped on the ice and fell hard twice. Hannah was very concerned, but assured me that if I fell again, "The third time's a charm."





Going over a science study guide:
Me: Solar energy provides what three things?
Abby: Heat, light, and . . .
Me: food.
(pause with a confused look)
Abby: Microwaves are solar powered?
 
 
 


Abby's homework asks that she defines the difference between 'way' and 'weigh.' Here's what she wrote under 'way.'
Definition - way cool
Sentence - Way cool headband you have there.


Abby is practicing geography with a website that cheers every time she gets an answer right. Today, I turned the sound off because Hannah was also trying to do her homework. This is how I know Abby's my daughter:
"Mom, it's not making noise. (Sigh.) It's just not as fun when nobody's cheering for you."


Hannah is definitely my child:
"Let's play the quiet game! You can't talk, but you still can sing. It's just too hard not to sing."




    

No comments:

Post a Comment