Thursday, December 26, 2013

September



In deciding whether to go to the park or play in the backyard, we experienced another loving moment between sisters:
Me: Hannah, what are you going to do?
H: Whatever Abby does!
Me: Fine. Abby, what are you going to do?
A: The exact opposite of whatever Hannah does!




Hannah:
"Who let the dogs out? Who, who, who, who.
Who let the dogs out? Who, who, who, who, who."
Pause.
"Seriously, Mom, who did let the dogs out?"


I was at school watching Abby's jogathon when a kid ran past, threw water on me, and laughed. I've been bullied!



Hannah, my baby, kept predicting what I would say. I then asked, "Do you know what thought is in my head?"
"Yes. You're thinking about how much you love your baby."


A conversation with Hannah:
Mom, I've figured out that the Elf on the Shelf isn't real.
(Not wanting to give anything away, I just grunt.)
If Santa's not real, then the elf isn't real.
(Grunt)
You or Dad move him around.
(Grunt)
I guess it's Dad, because you don't seem to know anything about it!




Abby and Hannah were discussing war. They wanted to know what would happen if both sides lined up, but no one would fight. Hannah came up with a solution. "That's when you send the onion guy in." ?? "He's the guy that has an onion. He walks over to the other side and sticks it in the guys face and the guy starts crying and gives up."
Brilliant!




Apparently, Abby doesn't know that much of her wardrobe is second hand. Yesterday, I explained that we could go to a thrift store and find designer clothes for less money. She gave me "the look."
But Mom, people have already worn those clothes!
So?
What if they wiped their nose on them, or something?
You look at the clothes before you buy them.
(Not convinced.) Yeah, but what if they did it on the inside of the clothes?
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment