Thursday, December 26, 2013

November






We had planned to camp at Lake Grapevine last weekend, but the storm kept us confined to the cabin. Luckily, Mike was still able to roast the marshmallows.


Abby just did her science homework in which she described the ways we help the environment. After writing, "We turn off lights when we're not using them," she ran around and turned off lights. We're now sitting in a dark house with one lone light.

I just graded a paper that was discussing challenging behavior in the classroom. The student said that teachers should record the behaviors to see if they happen "at Pacific Times." I was stumped for several moments until I decided she meant "at specific times."

Hiking at the Ft. Worth Nature Preserve


My favorite thing on Abby's thankful list:
"I am thankful that you are thankful for me."


Hannah: Mom, today I hugged my friend and Timmy saw us and said, "You guys are tackling each other!" And I said, "No we're not, we're hugging!" And he said, "Hugging, tackling, it's the same." And so I learned today that I don't want to hug Timmy.

I asked Hannah, "Who's girl are you?" She replied:
Yours! Totally yours. I love you more than anyone else! 10% more! No, 1% more. Wait, 5% more. 10% more!    

No comments:

Post a Comment