Monday, July 26, 2010

Abby Lynn

Driving home one night, we were at a stoplight. There was a man on the corner. Instinctively, I checked the door locks. Abby began knocking on her window loudly. When he finally looked over, she waved cheerfully. He looked surprised but smiled and waved back. I love a child’s heart.

Abby brought home a “prayer box” that she had made in church. In it were things that she was praying for. Each slip was neatly printed on. When I pulled the first one out of the box, it said, “My Family.” How sweet. The second one said, “My best friend.” Ahhh. The last one was spelled perfectly, which told me that a teacher had helped her write it down. Imagine the teacher’s thoughts as Abby announced that she would like to pray for: “My sister’s lice.”


Abby was studying a toy quite intently. Finally, she looked up and sighed loudly. “Mommy? Was EVERY toy made in China??”




These are old pictures, but I don't think I've posted them before.



Isn't she beautiful?

1 comment: