Monday, July 26, 2010

Hannah Rae

Here are some Hannah stories along with the pictures from her four-year-old photo shoot.

Someone told Hannah that she looks like a princess. She replied, “I know.” Who is your prince? “Daddy!”



I pointed out that Hannah is beginning to get sweet little blond hairs on her arms and legs. She was confused about it at first, because she had never noticed it before. The next day, she told me she was mad about them. I asked why. “Because they’re poking holes all over my skin!”



This summer, Hannah has been missing her preschool boyfriend. As we were discussing the traditional name change when a girl gets married, Hannah asked, “Mommy, what’s his last name?” If she could spell better, I’m sure she would have written Hannah Rogers all over her notebook. I finally called and set up a playdate for the kids. At the park, I was telling the father about the romance. He seemed skeptical. At the end of the date, I asked Hannah if she wanted to give her friend a hug goodbye. They gave a sweet 4-year-old embrace. But as he turned to leave, she puckered her lips. He looked at her for a moment before planting a kiss right on her mouth. His dad appeared shocked. “I told you,” I said. To which he replied, “I didn’t get a girl to kiss me on the lips until I was 30!”



Hannah was telling a story about some nice people. Everything was fine, a calm and lovely story, until Hannah introduced a character named “Amy.” She said, “And then Amy came in and said, ‘WHAT is the PROBLEM in here??”



Hannah was being her usual feisty self one morning. Mike and I began discussing what she'll be like as a teenager. He thinks she'll be like I was as a teenager. Not a happy thought. I said, "Well, you married me, so you must like this kind of personality. You deal with her!" He shot back, "I like 'em feisty!"


Later that same day, Hannah was arguing with me. I thought I would end the conversation when I said, "Don't you argue with me!" She looked me in the eyes and said, "Don't you argue with me!!"



Hannah told me that she doesn't like her hair. It seems that she's jealous that Abby and I have the same hair color, while she's stuck with "boy hair like Daddy." If she only knew.

1 comment:

  1. i love hannah. i love how she gets boys to kiss her. i love her blonde hair. and i love her fiestiness! :o)

    ReplyDelete