Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

On Father’s Day, the girls and I were sitting at the breakfast table while Mike was in the kitchen. I whispered, “When I count to three, I want you to say, ‘HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!’” To which Hannah replied, “To WHO?”

After church, the girls gave Mike the Father’s Day cards they had made in Sunday School. Abby’s said, “Happy birthday, Pop!” I thought this was odd, because she doesn’t call him Pop. Then I noticed two little holes that should be holding a Tootsie Pop. Then I looked at Abby, who joyfully had a Tootsie Pop in her mouth.

Hannah handed the card to Mike and said, “I didn’t want to write in it, but my teacher made me do it.”



This is an old picture, but it's one I love of the girls and their Daddy. (It looks like a fake background, but they are actually at a lake.)


No comments:

Post a Comment