Monday, July 26, 2010

Ode to Mike

Mike is busy this summer doing home improvements. He began by painting Hannah’s room. One morning, he announced that he was going to Home Depot for pink paint. We both thought that I should go, too, but I didn’t have the time, and we wanted to get started. That led to this conversation:


A: What shade of pink are you going to paint it?

M: Just pink.

A: But which kind of pink?

M: I’m just going to buy the paint that says pink.

A: There are probably hundreds of shades of pink there. They’re called like Bubble Gum Pink, Princess Pink, Ballet Pink. . . .

M: Well, when I went in for red paint, there was a color that was just called red. So, I’m going to look for the one called pink.

A: Okay.


(30 minutes later, he’s back with paint swatches.)


M: (Smiling) I can’t decide between Bubble Gum Pink and Fairytale Pink. You’re going to have to go down there.

1 comment:

  1. priceless. i choose fairytale pink, it's fitting the princess room.

    ReplyDelete