Wednesday, May 14, 2014

March


  50s day at school


Me: Hannah, put the dog out.
H: She doesn't want to go out.
Me: I don't care, tell her to go out.
H: I can't, she's giving me her sad puppy eyes.


Hannah: Timmy wants to marry me, so he gives me back massages. He's not any good at it, but I don't tell him that.
Abby: When you're in fifth grade, you'll think boys are disgusting.


Abby was making a schedule of the playdates we have lined up for spring break. After showing it to Mike, he asked, "Where are my playdates?" She then made two more lists:
Dad's Playdate
Monday through forever - Mom 

Mom's Playdate
Alisa and Shelley - three years


I was filling out paperwork for Hannah's dentist visit today. One of the questions was, "What would you like to change about your smile?" I asked Hannah. She thought about it and smiled while feeling her face. She finally said, "I think maybe if the cheeks went up higher, it would look better." I wrote it down.
When we left, she whispered, "Mom, he didn't do anything about changing my smile."


A friend asked the girls if they want to go back to Cambodia someday. They both said yes, and Hannah added, "We want to show them that girls have value and are just as important as boys. We want justice!"



My house was invaded by 10 girls. Hannah won a bounce house party at a VBS she attended last summer, and we finally got around to using it. They called it the "Play Date Palooza." 

While handing me a flower, Hannah said, "Mom, just so you know, you're sweeter than any flower."

My daughter just called me a smart aleck. I'm sure I don't know why.

Hannah to me:
"Two special flowers for one special lady."


Hannah: What's a facial expression?
Me: It's when your face says something.
(I made an angry face.)
What's my face saying right now?
Hannah: That you're weird?


Hannah was in a play at school.





Abby's design was picked to be in the GCISD art show!


Here is Amy doing her poster presentation with one of her professors. She got second author, which is a big deal. 




There's just something I love about a capitol building with cannons out front! 



Hannah came up with a great invention. A robotic kleenex box that will walk over to you each time you sneeze. (Patent pending.)                

No comments:

Post a Comment