Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday, Hannah!

Hannah's 4th birthday party was fun and a bit uneventful. (Aunt Kelli made a beautiful cake.) On the invitations, I asked the guests not to bring gifts. Several ignored the request, which was absolutely fine with me. My only thought was that she would not open the gifts in front of her friends, since it only leads to chaos. It usually ends with the birthday girl crying, and Mommy being embarrassed. We ignored the gifts until most of the children had gone home. The plan was working! While a few kids continued to play, I began cleaning up the party. The children got bored and started to open the presents with Hannah's blessing. By the time I knew what was what, the gifts were open, strewn along the floor. Not one card was near its gift. I have no idea which gift came from which guest. Try writing thank-you notes after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment