Sunday, January 6, 2013

September





Went to see Abby run the jog-a-thon at school today. Her class walked out triumphantly holding their name banner. The MC, straining to see the name on the banner, loudly announced, "Welcome, Mr. K's Moo Moo Cows!" Pause. "I'm sorry, that's Boom Boom Pows!"


Had "Laps for Learning" (Jogathon) at the girls' school today. Hannah ran the max of 40 laps, so she got to go to the podium and be announced into the mic. (She's in first grade, and her teacher's name is Mrs. Hill.) MC: What's your name? H: Hannah! MC: Who's your teacher? H: Mrs. Romo! (Her kinder teacher.) MC tries to send her on, but Hannah grabs the mic, confused. H: I mean, Mrs. Hendry! (Another kinder teacher.) MC tries to send her away, but Hannah's panicking and tries to grab the mic again. The MC goes to the next person. Hannah comes to me and says, "Great! Now they'll all think I'm in kindergarten!"


I was watching a fourth grade crossing guard at school. She was taking her job very seriously. However, her mother was crouched behind her, attempting to put a bandaid on the child's heel. The crossing guard was trying to stand at attention while simultaneously kicking her mom off. The mother had the child's sock pulled down and was administering first aid right at the crosswalk. I love mothers!!

After seeing pictures of the conjoined twins with two heads and one body (Brittany and Abby), Hannah remarked, "They are lucky because they can look both ways at the same time!"



I just got carded for buying children's allergy medicine. Hmmmm.

Abby was talking about something that had taken place in the 1980s. We told her that we remembered it. She looked startled, "YOU were alive in the 80s?!?!" It must be that we look so young.

We were listening to 121's new worship CD in the car. One song sings, "Oh, shout," several times. Hannah sang along, then stopped and said, "Wait, Mom. Isn't 'oh shout' a bad word?" :) (She must be thinking of 'oh, shoot'. She doesn't know the really bad one.) I can just see her using it in school and being misunderstood. The things we learn from our Jesus music.


While doing Hannah's homework, I asked, "What words begin with the 'w' sound?" In rapid fire, she responded, "Why, where, when, who, Walmart."

Abby: Mom, do you like Kelli? (My sister-in-law) Me: Yes. Abby: Don't you wish you could sit and talk with her for hours? Me: Yes. Abby: Then I guess you better set up a playdate with my cousins!

Hannah snuggled up to me, looked in my eyes, and said, "Let's smooch!"

 














No comments:

Post a Comment