Tuesday, January 1, 2013

July


We were blessed to spend the summer in Cambodia.  For more on our time there, please visit Journey Towards Justice

Some people here believe that if you touch a white person, it will bring you luck. Hannah's as white as they come, so she often gets touched on the arm or cheek. The other day, after someone touched her, I said, "Do you think they'll be lucky now?" Hannah replied, "No. Well, actually, they are kind of lucky, because I'm here to tell them about Jesus!"




It's rainy season here, and we were trying to guess when the storm would come. Hannah won with, "According to my calculations, it will rain tomorrow or sooner or later."

Went to a pool today. Among the rules that interested me were these:
* Due to the danger of being strucked by lightning, all swimmers must leave the pool during a thunderstorm.
* No weapons or explosives in the pool.
* All spitting, spouting, blowing of noses, and releasing of any bodily waste is strictly prohibited.
Good to know!



The girls were in the bathroom together. I heard Hannah scream and start crying. Abby gushed, "Hannah! I'm sorry! It was an accident!" Perhaps I should mention that in Cambodia, toilet paper is not generally used. In every bathroom, there is a hose and squirter right by the toilet to freshen up with. When I walked in the bathroom, Hannah was dripping wet, and Abby was holding the hose.


 I saw a convenience store today that made me feel right at home. It was called 6-Eleven.




Trying to prepare a presentation on good parenting while my children are fighting and yelling at each other is a bit difficult.

Disturbing experience with a squatty potty. Pretty sure Abby will never look at me the same again.




At a hair salon, I saw several color boxes advertising "Green Blonde Hair!" The picture even looked like green blond hair. Interesting. I'll throw Hannah in a chlorinated pool a couple dozen times, and she'll be all the rage!

No comments:

Post a Comment