Monday, June 4, 2012

May

Field Day


Hannah saw Abby typing a Roses are Red poem, and decided to try one of her own. It's much better than the classic.

ham is good
roses are red
I love you


Overheard from Hannah:
"I look just like my sister except for my face."
 We had Hannah's birthday party at Artie's Playhouse.  The children enjoyed a performance of Charlotte's Web.  When the show was over, they were able to dance on the stage.


Hannah's quite the dancer! 



Aunt Kelli made pig cupcakes in honor of Wilbur.



We were talking about places we'd like to visit. San Diego, Colorado, Florida. . . .
H - Let's go to China!
A - Yeah! And Ping Pong!
Me - Where??
A - Ping Pong. That's where Lanie was born.
Me - Lanie was born in Hong Kong.
The four of us explode with laughter.
Me - That's going on Facebook, Abby!
A - NO! Not on Facebook!!


Hannah lost her first tooth this morning! This afternoon, she lost the lost tooth. Sorry, tooth fairy.

Abby asked me for a desk in her room.
Me- What do you need a desk for?
Abby- When I play teacher, I need one. It's no fun to play teacher without a desk.
(Seeing me unconvinced, she tried a different tactic.)
Plus, if I did my homework at my desk, maybe I would take my homework a little more seriously.

Me: Hannah, do you want to listen to your books?
Hannah: No, thanks. I need to make my sign of 'No Abbys allowed.'
They must have made up, because the sign posted on Hannah's door says, "Yes Abbys in my room."
We went camping at Lake Mineral Wells State Park. 


The girls brought butterfly nets and chased bugs all over the park.




I helped out in Hannah's class this morning. Nothing quite makes my day like a six-year-old boy sassing me, refusing to follow my directions, then telling me I'm annoying. Wow.

Abby and Hannah were playing in the backseat while I was driving. Abby had a stuffed penguin while Hannah gave voice to her Cinderella doll. Here's what I heard:
Cinderella - Okay, I'll marry you!
Penguin - Okay, let's get married.
(I wasn't paying attention to this part, but apparently there was a lover's spat.)
Cinderella - Fine! I'm not marrying you anymore!
(Pause)
Cinderella - I'm taking off this wedding dress right now!!
(The dress comes off.)
Penguin - WHOA!! Bunzies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment