Wednesday, June 6, 2012

April

Hannah Turns Six!
Happy Easter!
Hannah celebrates her last day as a five-year-old by going on a field trip to the zoo.
 I went on a zoo field trip today. My favorite 5-year-old quote: (As she is wolfing down a hot dog.) "Ms. Amy! I care about animals so much, that I only eat them once a week! Isn't that nice of me?"
Someone donated waiting room chairs to our garage sale. We posted them on Craigslist, and within a day, someone was at our house buying them. The lady said, "I prayed for these!"
I said, "Hannah, did you hear that? She prayed for these!"
Hannah looked her in the eye and replied, "Yeah, but God didn't give them to you! We did!"

 
I'm in the tornado shelter with my dog. He's really stinky and is not respecting my need for personal space.
Abby: Mom, sometimes it's hard not to annoy your sister. (Long pause.) And it's really hard not to be annoyed by your sister.
Sign of the times:
Abby - "Mom! Hannah's using "bully words" to me!!"
Hannah recounts the Sunday School lesson. "Mom, did you know that when Jesus was going to die, they whacked him? They whacked him 39 times, because if they whack you 40 times, you die forever, and they didn't want him to die forever. BUT - if he gets whacked one more time, he'll be dead forever."
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment