Friday, February 19, 2010

Baby, it's Cold Outside

It started snowing last Thursday morning. I drove both kids to school and pointed a space heater at my feet while I worked on the computer all day. It continued to snow. My folks were concerned about the roads and wondered why I wasn't picking my children up from school. I continued to work.

At 1:00, I sent this email to my sweet husband.
I've been working all morning and just finished both classes. It's 1:00 and I will finally eat lunch, watch a bit of TV, and relax. RING, RING!! It's Hannah's teacher. "We're closing early, come get your child." NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

His reply:
This was so funny I forwarded it to the team.

(It wasn't meant to be funny.)

I picked up my girls.

We made four snowmen in the front yard; Daddy, Mommy, Abby, and Hannah. In making the mommmy, Abby said, "Oh, this is the mommy? I'll need to make her head bigger!" In making Daddy, he seemed too skinny, so I told the girls to make his belly bigger. "No, it's fine like it is," they replied as they made Mommy's head bigger.

I'm the short and fat one. Mike's tall and skinny. Ahem. . . .

It snowed all of Thursday, setting a local record for the most amount of snow in a 24-hour period. The results were closed schools, lots of snow fun, and numerous broken trees. The snow built up on the branches and started snapping them off. (Some business roofs even buckled under the weight of the snow.) They are saying that we will never see a snow like this again. It was amazing.

Mike helped Abby make a snow bunny and a fort.

The vertical lines are where our driveway ends.




1 comment:

  1. i'm not sure, but i think you guys actually got more snow than us! too much fun! lovin' the snow bunny.

    ReplyDelete