Sunday, January 25, 2009

Is it Just Me?


I am tired of convincing people that I used to be smart. I am well educated and have a high IQ. However, it seems that with the birth of my first child over five years ago, I have been reduced to a nimwit. Two examples come to mind just from this past week:

I was trying to convince Mike of something but he wasn't buying it. When he finally could prove it, I said, "See! I'm not a moron!" I then went to the restroom and found that my pants were on backwards.

While at work with some young co-workers, I was talked into joining Facebook. I began typing in my information and stopped at the high school graduation year. I looked at the youngsters and said, "I can't remember what year I graduated." They helped me use subtraction to figure it out. Satisfied, I went back to my profile. I paused. "I can't remember how long I've been married." They gave me a puzzled look. "Oh, wait! I remember now." I resumed my typing and finished without further incident. The next step was to type in the names of my friends to see if they were on Facebook, too. Very purposeful now, I typed in one name. Long pause. I looked at the youngsters again and muttered, "I can't remember my friends' names."

They replied, "How old ARE you!?" I couldn't really remember.

2 comments: