Friday, January 16, 2009

Future Telemarketer

Abby came home with yet another fund raiser. She was desperate to win the remote control jammer so she could mess with Mike while he tried to change the channel. She only had to sell one magazine subscription. Instead of ordering one myself, I had her call Gamma.














As you can see in the photo, she was very professional. My dad answered. "This is Abby. Speak to Gamma?" Once Gamma got on the line, I heard one side of the conversation:

"We need money for a fundraiser."
Pause.
"We need MONEY for a FUNDRAISER."
Pause.
"WE NEED MONEY!"
Pause. With a look that clearly said, "I am dealing with an idiot," she sighed and passed the phone off to me.

The next day, we took the order form over to Gamma's house and tried again. I prepped Abby by saying, "Now Gamma only has to buy ONE for you to get the prize. Just one." Excitedly, she watched Gamma leaf through the book while I went to another room. A few minutes later, Abby ran to me in tears.
She wailed, "Gamma's buying MORE than ONE!"

The remote control jammer doesn't work. She forgot about it one hour after she brought it home. Enjoy your subscription, Gamma.

No comments:

Post a Comment