Friday, January 21, 2011

Abby's Baptism!


Sweet Abby was baptized on January 16. One of the pastors of the church is in our lifegroup, and the girls adore him. I excitedly asked her, "Do you want Mr. Rodney to baptize you?" She thought for a moment and said, "What are my choices?"


So, Abby was baptized by Mr. Rodney Howell. Mike was in the water with them. Mike and Abby both wore their "I Love Cambodia" shirts. I asked a friend to video the event with our camera. During the middle of the baptism, the camera broke. Of course! She nudged the previous child's mom and asked her to turn her camera back on. So I have half of my baby's baptism, and someone else in church has the second half. I also asked another friend to take pictures on my camera. She said the button was too hard to push, and handed it to her husband. (I think she was just nervous because it was such a big event.) He did a great job with the pictures. We didn't get an actual immersion picture because it was so fast, and the camera didn't have time to focus. At least it's in my memory.


The children's minister, Diana Parker, met with Abby beforehand to be sure she understood what it means to be baptized. It was a sweet time. Diana read Abby's words right before the baptism. Abby wrote:

I want to get baptized because I asked God into my heart and I want to show everybody that I want to follow God. He takes my sin and throws it away. I know that God loves me because He made me. He loved me first, so I love Him. God is our Savior and everyone should follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment