Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You Might be a Redneck If....

I attended my first truly Texan birthday party. Sure, I've been to dozens of parties since I've been here, but none like this!

It was a typical swim party for the kindergartners. Abby, Hannah, and I were having a good time with their little friends. It could have been like any other party, until it turned Texan in one swift move. When the father of the six-year-old birthday girl bent down to throw away his plate, his gun fell out of his shirt and onto the floor. "Oops," he said casually before replacing it.

Let's review:
20 kindergartners
swim party
gun

Many people have asked me, "Is he a policeman?" NO! "Is there a reason he needs the gun?" Why, yes. He is a Texan.

1 comment:

  1. i've been warned about this even where i live, so far so good. no gun sightings.

    ReplyDelete