Monday, February 4, 2013

January



50s day at school:



Hannah said, "I want to marry God. Just think of how powerful I'd be!!"

Hannah (6 yrs old): I have a secret boyfriend, and we went on a date today.
Mike: You're too young to date!
Hannah: It wasn't a real date. We just sat together on the bus and talked.
Abby: I don't go on dates!
Hannah: I do.

I was helping Hannah with a sticker/coloring project, and I asked if I could color a pool around the polar bears. She replied, "Yes, but don't get marker on the stickers. There WILL be consequences."

As I was taking this picture, I was thinking of posting it to Facebook saying, "The world is a safer place because of Abby Johnson." Right after the picture, a little kid crossed the road, tripped on the curb, and landed sprawled out on his belly.

Reading a book with Hannah:
H: Alexander Gram-Ham Bell. . .
Me: It's not Gram Ham, it's just Graham.
Pause
H: But I like Gram Ham better.

Hannah: Mom, I figured out why my foot falls asleep. When I put my sock on, it's like a little bed for my foot, so it thinks it's time to sleep. If it falls asleep, I take off my sock, stomp it a few times, and it wakes right up!

Hannah sold cookies with her friend, who is five months older than her.  Slight height difference?

After many, "JINX! You owe me. . ." conversations in our household, Hannah has triumphed. After saying the same word, Abby cried, "Jinx! Waterfall jinx!" Hannah cooly replied, "It doesn't work on me. I've had my jinx shot."

After spending the day with our new dog, we decided that she's rather adventurous. While at the park, she climbed up the stairs and slid down the slide (no joke) while pulling a screaming Abby behind her. Mike finally declared, "She's fearless! We need the name of a fearless woman."
Meet Esther.




Checking into a hotel today:
Clerk - What brings you to Galveston?
Me - Our kids aren't here.
Clerk - I've heard a lot of that lately. Going anywhere special while you're here?
Me - Wherever they don't have kids.

Thanks Gamma and Papa for taking the kids! Best anniversary present ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment