Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September

The girls have been enjoying a cartoon series called Peppa Pig. The show originated in England, and the characters all have lovely accents. I started to notice that whatever Peppa Pig had, Hannah wanted.

“Mom! Do we have any apples? Peppa’s having an apple.”

“Can we have pancakes for dinner? Peppa’s dad is making pancakes for dinner!”

It started getting weird when Hannah started speaking with an accent and using different vocabulary words.

“Mommy, do I have stabilizers on my bike? Peppa’s dad took off his stabilizers, so I want mine off.”

We knew it was a problem when she was working on a phonics sheet. Her job was to circle anything that started with a B. In the end, she refused to circle the picture of a band-aid, because, “Mommy, that’s a plaster. Plaster does not start with a B.”



The girls heard someone say the word “stupid.” They were horrified and later reported the incident to Mike.

Daddy! We heard someone say the baddest word in Texas!

What word was it?

(Whisper) Stupid!

Yes, that’s not a nice word, but it’s not the baddest word in Texas.

(Pause) What is the baddest word in TX?

I’m not going to say it!

Please, Dad! We won’t tell anyone!



I noticed Abby studying Hannah and writing something. Later, I found a list of qualities Abby sees in her sister:

Blond hair

pey jays on

blue eye

talks a lot

my sister

scared to death a lot

complains a lot

is funny

hurts me a lot

picks games that are too really really hard like scary games

needs my help a lot

little

age 5

does serous stuff

sleeps in my bed a lot

sneaky a lot

birthday April 25th



Hannah's picture of herself and Abby:



Now that Hannah has started kindergarten, she sometimes addresses me as Mrs. Mommy.


Abby started Girl Scouts this year. At her first meeting, I sat in a chair to the side of the room while Abby sat in the middle with her friends. She likes me with her, especially in new situations, and I wanted her to feel comfortable. After about two minutes, she glanced at me. “Mommy!” I gave her my “I’m here, baby” look. She hissed, “LEAVE!”

No comments:

Post a Comment