Tuesday, April 19, 2011

March



Over spring break, we rented a little cabin at a local campground. Hannah called it the "cabin loggin." The girls were so excited to go fishing with Mike, who has wonderful memories of fishing with his grandfather.





They were quickly disappointed to find that it's actually pretty rare to catch a fish with a $10 princess pole.


The girls were thrilled when ducks came up to the cabin,


and when their cousin Molly visited. (Along with Toby, Shelley, Grandma, and Grandpa.)



We decided to try kayaking. Abby got in Mike's boat, and Hannah was with me. If you've ever seen Mike's arms (manly), versus my arms (wimpy), you can guess how the boating went. Mike was able to row further and faster than I was. Hannah was quite disappointed with me. "Mom! See how Daddy's doing it? That's how YOU'RE supposed to be doing it!"


At one point, Mike got caught in a current, and I was able to catch him. Hannah and I taunted the other kayak, so Mike stuck out his paddle. At the same time I yelled, "Don't push me backwards!" he pushed me backwards. This picture is of Abby cheering that I had lost so much ground.


The girls sometimes argue who has to ride with Mommy next time. They are hoping they can both be in Daddy's kayak. Be my guest.

I think this next picture is funny, because I don't know what Abby's doing in the background.


At one point during the camping trip, Hannah was waving at people walking by. "Howdy!" she called to everyone. "Howdy, my friend!"
I heard one lady say, "Well, I guess we're in Texas!"

On our way to church, both girls were looking at their Bibles in the car.
Abby: "Hannah, turn to the page that says, 'The Terrible Lie.' It has a picture of a snake."
I hear pages turning.
Hannah: "Oh, I tore that one out."

The girls loved the idea of St. Patrick's Day. We had a group of people over that night. Someone brought a two-month-old baby. Hannah checked him out and told the baby that he wasn't wearing green, so she fake pinched him. It's serious business at our house! The next week, Hannah noticed that we three girls were all wearing pink. "It's St. Pink Day!" she decided. Another day was Blue Patrick's Day so that Daddy could be a part of it.

Abby is getting quite frustrated that everything seems to be "Made in China." She told Hannah, "Everything is made there! Even these tator tots were made in China!" She concluded that the only thing that wasn't made in China was people. I laughed at that and told her that there are actually a lot of people made in China. Now she's just mad!

Mike plays hide-and-seek with the girls:


The girls asked if they could have a "spa." I asked them to clarify what they meant. They explained that a spa is when you take a bath with cucumbers on your eyes.


I love when the girls fall asleep so snuggled together!


I returned a scale. When the cashier asked me why, I said, “Because it says I’m too heavy.” She smiled and said she knew exactly what I was talking about. She smiled even bigger when I slid a candy bar across the counter. “I’d like to exchange it for this.”

I asked Hannah if she needed any help. In a sweet voice she said, “Don’t worry about me. You worry about yourself.”

If any of my old friends are wondering how I look now-a-days, Abby has drawn an incredible likeness of me:



No comments:

Post a Comment