Monday, April 13, 2009

Yes, I'm Still Alive





I've received flak for my lack of recent entries. My life has been crazy busy for the last month. I know, I'm a stay-at-home mom. What else do I have to do but sit at the computer all day, thinking of ways to entertain friends and family? Well, let me tell you.

Recently, I was hired to be an online teaching assistant for a university. It's a great opportunity and is one step closer to being an online teacher. However, the three weeks of training were very difficult and time consuming. I ignored my kids, my husband, the housework, and the outdoors. I went to work and anything else mandatory, but I dropped everything else. I was extremely stressed and lost a lot of sleep. When I had finished my last assignment and submitted it to be graded, my body fell apart. I got a bad cold right away, and then three days later got the worst stomach bug in the history of toilets. I could barely get out of bed for 48 hours. (Thanks, Mom, Dad, and Mike for taking the kids!)

When I finally stumbled out of bed, I turned on the computer and checked my email. I had passed the training and had been given my own class - the day before. My first week on the job, and I was already behind. Since then, I have caught up and am doing well.

Due to this stressful time, I have forgotten 95% of the things I wanted to blog about. Hopefully, you'll enjoy the next few stories.

2 comments:

  1. I love how Abby is learning how to pose for her picture.

    okay, and you're completely forgiven for being away for awhile. wow. excited for you with the online teaching thingy...but oh, so sorry for you with the sickness.

    glad you're back, glad you're healthy, glad you're teaching, glad you're caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for your job!!! I'm excited for you!!! I hope it's going well. We need to get the girls together so we can chat!!!

    ReplyDelete